Friday, June 7, 2013

Top 5 Food Deals: June 7th-13th, 2013

 

Last Friday I kicked off a new series featuring the best food deals from the weekly sales flyers. Every Friday, I will be posting a roundup of the "Top 5" food deals in my area for the coming week. While some of the deals will be exclusive to the Hamilton area, many of them will be available throughout most or all of Ontario, depending on the stores involved in a particular sale. Sale prices end June 13th unless otherwise noted.

Here are my picks for this week:

1. Armstrong cheese
$3.66 for the 500 g bars at No Frills - this is an extremely low, rarely-seen price for this product, so it's a good time to stock up!

2. Lantic sugar
 2 kg bags are 2/$3.00 at Food Basics. This is another rarely-seen low price, so it's the perfect opportunity to stock up for the upcoming jamming season.

3. Asparagus
Ontario asparagus is $1.97/lb at No Frills

4. Sweet peppers
Ontario sweet peppers (red, orange and yellow) are $1.99/lb at Fortinos

5. Oasis juice
$1.99 for the 1.75L carton at Fortinos. This is another great price that doesn't come along too often, so stock up!


Happy shopping! 
 
Want ALL the best weekly deals, plus menu plans and grocery lists based on what's on sale and in season? I will be launching a new weekly budget menu plan service in early July, featuring the best weekly deals and seasonal foods in Southern Ontario. I'll have a free sample available starting early next week, so email me if you'd like a copy! 
 
Love what you read here? Find out how you can help support this blog. 

Want to stay connected in between blog posts?

Click HERE to follow me on Pinterest 

Click HERE to follow me on Twitter

Click HERE to like Abundance on a Dime on Facebook and get updates and tips on living frugally

Click HERE to like Cheap Appétit on Facebook and get updates and tips on frugal eating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Karen! I'm trying to figure out if there's a No Frills near me, I've yet to see one in KW (and according the internet there isn't one!). Anyways, this is still a great resource for you to provide so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon! I find the distribution of chain supermarkets across Southern Ontario really fascinating :) I was just chatting with a friend of mine about which stores are more common in Toronto in preparation for launching my menu planning service. They have a ton of Loblaws stores apparently, as well as quite a few No Frills, while here in Hamilton we don't have Loblaws stores but quite a few No Frills plus a bunch of Fortinos (which is a smaller Hamilton-area chain that is now part of the Loblaws network of stores).

      I'm curious to know what are the most common supermarkets out your way?

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing great online food deal. I really like this blog to share with my friends.One of my favorite things in the Deal.

    Online Daily Deals

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails