Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly Yard Sale Report for May 5, 2012

This morning I braved the brisk and windy weather to hit 5 yard sales and a church rummage sale. Most of the sales weren't very exciting, but one fantastic find made all that riding around worth my while:

I have been searching for a new, larger lamp for my bedside table and this one's a beauty! It was marked at $15 and I got it for $10. This is no IKEA lamp, either. It's solid as a rock - in fact it's so hefty I decided to weigh it and it came it at just under five pounds! I've already installed it in its new home and it looks fabulous. I had nearly bought a couple of other lamps last yard sale season, but I'm glad I waited for this gorgeous one to come along. It's a lovely classic style and so well made it should last a lifetime! I'm guessing this lamp must have been at least $75-$100 new, and it's still in perfect condition so I got a great deal. I'm really looking forward to having much better lighting when I'm curled up with a good book at bedtime.

I also found these at another sale:

Three childrens' books/activity books (25 cents each) that are going in my gift cupboard.

That was it for the morning. I will be basking in the glow of my new lamp for quite a while I think!

Grand total for the day: $10.75 for 4 items, or 2.69 an item.

Did you find anything great today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails