Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #48


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: apple pancakes, baked oatmeal, aloha muffins, bacon/eggs/hash browns

Lunches: turkey sandwiches, grilled cheese, pizza, leftovers

Dinners:

Monday: "Turkey overs" (Thanksgiving dinner leftovers)

Tuesday: Macaroni & Cheese with Ham and Peas

Wednesday: Cabbage & Beef soup, cornbread

Thursday: Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry

Friday: leftover soup and cornbread

Saturday: Bacon, egg, and potato hash

Sunday: Smothered pork (this recipe using pork chops instead of meatballs), peas and carrots, rice, apple crisp

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. I do plan for the week in advance, to help with the grocery shopping. But, I find that even with that the plan does not always match up to what I end up actually eating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails