Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #47


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: Upside-Down Apple Oven Pancake, rhubarb streusel muffins, peanut butter bagels, blueberry pancakes, chocolate zucchini muffins

Lunches: leftovers, pizza, tomato soup and toasted bagels

Dinners:

Monday: Black Bean Chili

Tuesday: Fish au Gratin, rice, broccoli and carrots

Wednesday: Swiss chard, bacon and mozzarella quiche

Thursday: Lasagna, peas, brownies (birthday dinner as requested by my younger son!)

Friday: Pork fried rice

Saturday: Lentil soup, cornbread

Sunday: Pork roast, carrots in orange sauce, twice baked potatoes, apple crisp

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. i love lentil soup. what a great sounding birthday dinner! he even requested peas? thats great! i hope my daughter loves veffies as much as i do.
    Here is a link to my Menu Plan/Question of the week
    I'd love if you stopped by my blog to check it out and answer the question of the week,which will now be a weekly thing on my blog!
    Have a great weekend
    (im just now on saturday getting a chance to finish browsing menus)
    Cooking with Cristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails