Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #44


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: granola, English muffins with peanut butter, chocolate zucchini muffins, pancakes with peach slices

Lunches: pizza, leftovers, Toad-in-the-Hole, picnic on the beach (lemon garlic chicken, pasta salad, cherries, sliced carrots and cucumbers)

Dinners:

Monday: Sausage and Swiss Chard Quiche (I tossed some leftover sauteed green beans and tomatoes from Sunday's dinner in there too - chard, beans and tomatoes all free from my produce cooperative)

Tuesday: Peach & Salsa Baked Beans

Wednesday: Bacon, Egg and Potato Hash

Thursday: Spaghetti with creamy vegetable-tomato sauce

Friday: Fish & chips (we ate out for the first time in over a year on the way home from the beach - the kids were thrilled!)

Saturday: Black Bean Chili

Sunday: Barbecued pork chops, creamy cucumber salad, corn on the cob, chocolate zucchini cake

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

  1. you're menu seems very end of summer to me! especially the fish and chips after a day at the beach. took a look at the cucumber salad and will be making that sometime soon! :)
    visiting from MPM.
    http://readwatchandrelax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choco zucchini cake sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails