Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yard Sale Report for June 4th, 2011


Today was a very disappointing day in yard sale world. There were two really big sales going on in my area - a fundraiser for a church in a grocery store parking lot in my neighbourhood, and a huge street sale that's an annual event at which I always find a few great deals. I was so looking forward to a morning of rummaging through boxes looking for treasure, and the weather ruined it all - a severe thunderstorm swept in and rained everyone out. The real bummer of it all is that the weather was gorgeous yesterday and it's supposed to be sunny and clear tomorrow as well!

I did manage to find a couple of things before I got soaked in the rain: a T-shirt for my husband ($1.50), a pair of cargo shorts that I thought would fit my husband but were a bit too tight, so now they'll go in the pile of stuff for next year for one of my boys ($1.50), and a pair of earrings that are so delicate it's pointless for me to even try to photograph them ($1.00).

Grand total for the day: $4.00 for 3 items, or $1.33 an item.

Here's to better luck (and weather) next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails