Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #35


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: aloha muffins, upside-down apple oven pancake, banana chocolate chip muffins, waffles

Lunches: pizza, leftovers, turkey salad sandwiches

Dinners:

Monday: Easter Dinner leftovers

Tuesday: Macaroni & Cheese with Ham & Peas 

Wednesday: Spicy Peanut & Tomato Soup 

Thursday: Turkey & Vegetable Coconut Curry 

Friday: Toad-in-the-Hole

Saturday: Black Bean Chili

Sunday: Lasagna, broccoli salad, homemade whole wheat rolls, chocolate cake (hubby's birthday dinner!)

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails