Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #29


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: banana chocolate chip muffins, granola, peanut butter toast, Aloha muffins, Giant Upside Down Apple Pancake

Lunches: pizza, Toad-in-the-hole, bagels with peanut butter, sandwiches

Dinners: 

Monday: Fried rice with sausage, tossed salad

Tuesday: Giant Apple Oven Pancake, scrambled eggs, bacon

Wednesday: Cheesy Mac & Beef Skillet

Thursday: Thai-style chicken wraps

Friday: Black bean & sweet potato soup

Saturday: Chicken pocket sandwiches, carrot and cucumber slices

Sunday: Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots and green beans, cream cheese brownies

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu plan looks so good! I think I'll invite myself over for the chicken wraps! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha! I wish I could have a great big ol' potluck with all of my readers :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails