Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekly Menu Retrospective #17


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now! 

I don't have a lot of links to share this week - as I was typing this out I realized we had eaten mostly recipes that aren't on the blog yet! Rest assured, they will be coming soon :)

Breakfasts: baked oatmeal, pumpkin spice muffins (subbed pumpkin puree for bananas in this recipe, skipped the choc chips and added cinnamon, ginger, clove, and nutmeg) , bagels with peanut butter, morning glory muffins, waffles

Lunches: pizza, perogies, leftovers, grilled cheese

Dinners:

Monday: Potato, cheddar and bacon soup, spinach and clementine salad with orange vinaigrette

Tuesday: Sausage and apple saute, rice, green beans

Wednesday: Lentil Burgers and Oven Fries

Thursday: Beef & Spinach Burritos

Friday: Macaroni and Cheese with Ham & Peas (added cubed ham and frozen peas to my basic mac and cheese recipe)

Saturday: "Breakfast for Dinner" - scrambled eggs, bacon, hash brown potatoes, toasted bagels

Sunday: Pork and Apple Stew, baked rice pudding

Snacks & Sides: apples, grapes, clementines, popcorn

For more great meal ideas, head over to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great. I would really like your pork and apple stew. Thank you for sharing and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! There are never any leftovers when I make that stew :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails