Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yard Sale Report for September 11, 2010


Today I was all fired up for a great morning of treasure hunting; I had a dozen sales on my list, including a church rummage sale, and figured I would be coming home with a lot of great finds. Sadly, although I ended up hitting even more sales than I expected (there were quite a few unadvertised ones in a nearby neighbourhood where they're holding a street festival today), I don't have any super-fantabulously-amazing bargains to share. I did come home with a few items (ironically, all except two are from the yard sale right around the corner from me!)

Here's what I ended up with:
-pair of earrings for me (50 cents)
-5 x 7 picture frame (I think it's a genuine pewter one, it's certainly heavy enough to be!) for $2.00
-half a dozen books for my boys (DK Eyewitness Arms & Armour, Visual Factfinder: Science, Great Experiments with Light, Twilight, and two how-to-draw books -Superheroes and SpongeBob), $1.50 for the lot

Grand total for the day: $4.00 for eight items, or 50 cents an item

My younger son has a renewed interest in learning to draw of late, so the how-to-draw books were a serendipitous find!

The yard sale season is definitely winding down here; I expect by the end of the month there won't be much but the odd church rummage sale to check out. I'll be doing a summary report in a few weeks of what I found and how much I spent over the course of the season.

Anyone else get a great deal today?

2 comments:

  1. I think your per item price is $.50/piece. $4.00/8 items = $.50. This lowers your price point even further. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I knew I was tired when I was writing that post, but I guess I was even more tired than I thought!! What kind of math was I doing?? LOL. I'm going to correct it now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails