Saturday, July 3, 2010

Yard Sale Report for July 3, 2010 (Holiday Weekend Edition!)

It's the first long weekend of the summer here in Canada and the US too! I didn't expect there to be many yard sales this weekend as a lot of people are out of town. I was pleasantly surprised to have 8 sales on my list, plus the most gorgeous weather to boot!

I had to get about half way through the list before I found much of interest, but ended up coming home with a few great finds:

-cute garden plaque with thermometer for $2 (destined to live on my porch!)
-2 photo frames for $1 (I bought these for the mattes, not the frames)
-a set of four snowman floating candles for $1 (going in my gift cupboard)
-black short sleeve button down top for me (good quality fabric) $1
-Coleman cooler jug and cast iron frying pan for $6 (I talked the lady down from $8, lol)

If you happened to see my post about making yogurt, you might remember that I already have one of these Coleman jugs. I want to keep that one specifically for yogurt making and water-toting (both things that won't leave any odor behind in the jug). This one I picked up to dedicate to coffee use for road trips. Ideally I'd like to have a stainless steel one for that purpose, but I haven't found a good bargain on one yet. I'd like a third one of these jugs for transporting soups, stews, etc around in (stuff that will leave strong spicy odours behind!).

I am SUPER excited about the cast iron frying pan. I've been keeping my eye out for one of these for years. I have wanted an oven-proof skillet for a LONG time. This is a good old-fashioned, smooth-bottomed pan that was even made in Canada (something I see far too rarely these days). Once I get this baby cleaned and seasoned, it will be time to make frittatas, skillet corn bread, and all kinds of other wonderful things (and yes, I might even use it on the stovetop, too!)

Grand total for the day: $11 for 7 items, or $1.57 per item.

Did you find any great bargains this week?

1 comment:

  1. There were only a small handful of yard sales in our neck of the woods on Saturday (due to the holiday weekend, I suppose), but the weather was perfect AND I found some great deals!

    http://john1010.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-finds.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails