Tuesday, July 27, 2010

RECIPE: Peach Clafouti


I've had recipes for clafouti in my recipe box for years; it wasn't until last summer that I actually tried making one. A clafouti is a French dessert that's somewhere between a custard and a cake. It's traditionally made with cherries; you can use just about any type of summer fruit in this delicious dessert, though!

Since clafouti is both extremely tasty *and* quick and inexpensive to make, it's become one of my go-to summer desserts.

Ingredients:
3 cups sliced fresh peaches
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup light (10%) cream
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
icing sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 2 quart casserole or baking dish. Arrange the peach slices in the bottom of the dish. In blender, combine remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour over peaches. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Dust with icing sugar before serving if desired. Serve warm.

This is probably supposed to serve 6-8, but I confess the four of us always polish the whole thing off in one go :)

I shared this recipe at Tasty Tuesday, Foodie Friday, Friday Favourites and the GCC Recipe Swap.

7 comments:

  1. This looks just fabulous and your description of clafouti makes me want to try it even more. I would like a piece for breakfast, oops, it's almost lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say a strong argument can be made for eating clafouti for breakfast - I know I've been tempted :) Milk, eggs, fruit - very nutritious, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks great! I need to make more fruity things while it's still summer!!!

    Your interview is up!! www.thecheapandchoosy.com

    :),
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower! Found you through the guest post you did the other day. I hope to learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had cherry clafoutis in France and I love the sound of your version with peaches - I'll be giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great summer recipe!

    Thanks for joining me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails