Friday, July 9, 2010

Food Waste Friday: I Have NO Idea!

I know there is food in my fridge that's no longer edible. I'm just not sure exactly what or how much right now. This week has been really hectic, and coupled with a heat wave that's left me reluctant to open the fridge door for any longer than necessary (not to mention the fact that we haven't felt like eating much in the heat) I know there are some food waste casualties in there. I'm hoping the temperature will drop off enough for me to dive into the depths and do a full-scale cleaning out before next week (I'm sure it's not going to be pretty!)

I did have a couple of food waste victories this week: I managed to eat the ENTIRE bag of five avocados I'd bought on sale before any of them spoiled, and I made my first ever batch of watermelon rind relish (thus transforming what would have typically gone into the compost bin into edible food).

As usual, you can head over to The Frugal Girl if you want to see how others fared with their food waste this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails