Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yard Sale Report for June 19, 2010

It was a hot and humid morning that turned into a yard sale marathon! I left the house around 8:30 a.m and didn't return until nearly noon. I hit nearly a dozen sales during that time, including two street sales and a church rummage sale.

The morning started out slowly; I came up empty-handed at the first few sales and the sky wasn't looking very promising, either. I ventured onward and was eventually rewarded with the following:

-a good quality world atlas and a Canadian atlas, $1.00 each (I was particularly happy about the world atlas; we already owned the exact same one - and had paid a pretty steep price for it new back in our not-so-frugal days - it ended up getting water damaged in our old basement and I'd felt bad about it ever since!)

-a novel for 50 cents (fun sounding beach read)

-Just Like Heaven on DVD for $3.00 (one of my favourite movies that I've borrowed from the library more times than I can count!)

-an excellent quality picnic/beach blanket for $4.00 (we're currently using an old Granny-square afghan for this purpose and this will be a vast improvement!)

and my favourite find of the day:

 
 -a set of 4 stainless steel wine glasses for a quarter each! (Mountain Equipment Coop sells a very similar glass for 12 bucks a piece) I've been looking for something like these for years to take camping, since drinking wine out of plastic camping mugs doesn't really do it for me.



Grand total for the day: $11.00 for 9 items, or $1.22 per item

Did you find anything great this week? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails