Monday, June 21, 2010

RECIPE: Thai-Style Peanutty Pasta

 All of us LOVE peanut butter around here! So I'm always looking for more ways to use it (especially when I've stocked up on it at rock-bottom prices). This is a great way to use peanut butter in a main dish. It's more substantial and filling than you might expect, and the combination of sweet, salty and spicy flavours characteristic of Thai cooking is oh-so-satisfying. Increase the amount of cayenne pepper if you'd like the sauce to have a bit more of a bite to it. You can substitute different vegetables based on what you have on hand - asparagus would work well in place of the broccoli (just saute it til tender-crisp before adding to the pasta).

8 oz spaghetti noodles
3 medium carrots, sliced into disks
1 bunch broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
13 oz can coconut milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
juice and zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3-4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped peanuts

In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta and carrots, steaming the broccoli florets over the boiling water for the last few minutes of cooking time.

While pasta and vegetables are cooking, make the peanut sauce:
In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice and zest, salt and cayenne pepper.

Once pasta and vegetables are cooked and drained, toss with the peanut sauce. Sprinkle green onions and peanuts over top and serve immediately.

Makes 4-6 servings.

This recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, What's on the Menu Wednesday, and the GCC Recipe Swap.

8 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I am definitely going to try it. Found you through Tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we will really enjoy giving this a try. Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday. I'd love to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both enjoy it as much as we do :) And thanks for letting me know about What's on the Menu Wednesday, Debbie - I will definitely stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this will be like an adventure thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the taste of peanuts in a salad. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! Something I would order in a restaurant.

    www.letsdishrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that sounds really, really delicious! I like that you can make it spicy or not so spicy depending on your taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will definitely be trying this soon!

    Lisa @ http://hopewellmomschoolreborn.blogspot.com/2012/08/menu-plan-monday-getting-ready-for-back.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails