Saturday, November 18, 2006

Two More Christmas Gifts Finished!

[WARNING: More Christmas Gift Spoilers! *Please* don't read this post if you're on my gift list!!]

Okay, it's really "beginning to feel a lot like Christmas" around here. I have been busy finishing off a couple more gifts these past few days.

This scarf (a really lovely leaf motif lace pattern) is my first knitted lace. I had a lot of fun knitting it and I can't wait to give it to my friend. Photos never really seem to do a knitted piece justice - it is so much more detailed looking in real life. I love it so much I'm making myself one once my Christmas gifts are all finished!















Below is the first of a pair of socks that are intended for my friend's husband. I finished the first one while the weather was still nice enough to take an outdoor photo. I finished its mate yesterday. The pattern (for all you other knitters out there) is Melanie Falick's "Magic Spiral Tube Sock" from Kids Knitting.















I have also finished the scarf for my long-suffering husband (it was meant to be last year's Christmas gift - he ended up with a box of yarn and a promise under the tree). I also mostly finished a matching hat (just have to sew the seam!) I'm now working on inventing a knitted block toy for the new baby's first Christmas. I would just love to finish all my knitting projects before the last minute. Right now I feel like it's possible - but who knows what craziness will ensue in the next few weeks.

We also had a fun family outing this afternoon - the local Santa Claus Parade. It was a great parade and we came home with a bunch of free goodies - tons of candy canes, about 1/2 a dozen apples, a toothbrush, and a couple pads of sticky notes.

2 comments:

  1. Is the first one the 'branching out' scarf from knitty.com ?

    Jora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye, Jora! It is, indeed :) I made another one for myself with some silk/wool blend yarn from Knitpicks.com (can't remember exactly which yarn it was, too lazy to go track down a ball band, lol.) Have you knit this scarf, too?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails