Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hundred Dollar Holiday?

I finally sat down and started putting some of my Christmas plans in writing (they've just been floating around in my head thus far). My goal this year (inspired both by Bill McKibben's book and financial constraints) is to achieve a "Hundred Dollar Holiday" for Christmas this year. Yup. A fine challenge I assure you! Granted, I am limiting myself to $100 of cold, hard cash, but also allowing myself to use other resources to make the cash go further. At this point, I have a $15 gift certificate from Sears and about $27 in Canadian Tire money to add to the cause. I also got a survey in the mail yesterday that I will receive $25 for if I complete it. And I also got a few free Christmas cards as a gift from a charity (instead of the usual address labels). Also at my disposable are my knitting and cooking skills. Most of the adults in my life are receiving a combination of knitted and food gifts this year (the yarn has been in my stash for long enough that I don't need to count the cost in my Christmas expenses, and the food gifts are coming out of the food budget). I have a lot of knitting to do in the next few weeks. I also need to sit down and figure out what type of food gifts I'm making this year so I can get started on some of those too - I hate having to do everything at the last minute.

Hopefully I will manage to pace myself better than I have in other years to avoid that holiday burnout feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails